I have to begin by disclosing that I'm not a makeup professional of any kind, just a massive make-up addict with a particular fondness of lipstick at the moment. Yes, I love make-up but more specifically I love make-up that gives you the appearance of not wearing any. I like to just enhance my features without going overboard, my everyday make-up routine consists of moisturizer, BB cream, concealer, cream/liquid blush, and mascara. For the last few months I have been searching high and low for the final step in the process the perfect 'your lips but better' shade. After lots of trials and a few disappointments I've narrowed it down to my top 5 favorites, Ill be sharing them below with a small review and some cool photos by Jeff Delacruz.
- Tarte Power Pigment Pencil Exposed : I wanted to love this product because I'm a huge fan of most Tarte products, and while I do like this lip pencil I think it would look better on someone with a lighter complexion. Also this stuff does not have the best staying power.
- Kate Moss lasting finish #08: If you haven't tried any of the Kate Moss lipsticks for Rimmel, you are seriously missing out these lipsticks are no more than $5 a pop and there is a huge range of shades to choose from, I never leave a drugstore without passing the Rimmel stand. #08 is a great lipstick like the others it has a nice texture and its long lasting, definitely a good back up on the cheap.
- Lipstick Queen Saint Pinky Nude: If your not familiar with Lipstick Queen Ill give you the short version Poppy King created 2 collections of the same shades of lipsticks but the Sinner collection has 90% pigment and leaves and matte finish and the Saint collection has only 10% pigment and leaves a sheer glossy finish. I feel like I'm gonna love this one in the summer it very glossy and natural, but I think its just a bit to sheer for winter.
- NYX Doll 635 : with a price tag of $5.45 it really hard to not love this lipstick. I love the pigment and this would be my number one if it had a better texture. It can be a bit drying but as long as you remember a little lip balm your good to go.
- Revlon lip butter in Sugar Plum: This is by far my favorite MLBB product whenever I wear it I always have a few people ask me what I'm wearing which is funny because it just good old drugstore Revlon . The Revlon lip butters are another one of my favorite collections they go on so light you feel as if your wearing a lip balm but you also get a pop of color that stays put.